Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Christmas 2008












Wow, Christmas again! I can't believe it has come and gone so fast. Its always a wonderful time, but goes so quickly. This year marks the 10 year anniversary of Aarons Mom's death. She died Christmas morning. A few years ago, I made a special Christmas ornament for Aaron and his sisters, it has her picture on it so when we see it on the tree its like she is still there with us at Christmas. She was an amazing person and if I can be half as great as she was I will feel like I have accomplished something. We miss her a lot, but I am grateful that I got the chance to meet her before she died.
Christmas this year was like every other Christmas, except our girls are getting older and its getting harder to "hide" presents and keep the magic of Christmas alive. My Mom was awesome at keeping the Christmas magic alive with 5 girls and a 9 year span between us all. I hope that I can do that too. It is tough, and my girls are only 4 and 6. Whew, its only going to get harder! Anyway, we still had a great time and got lots of presents. Kylies favorite present was her easel/chalkboard, she wants to grow up to be an artist. Tessa loved all the Polly Pockets she got and her "pink sparkle" shoes from her aunt. Aaron got a GPS system for when he travels and I got new dishes for the kitchen. Finally after 11 years I have new dishes. It was fun, but glad the stress of it is over.

No comments: